Re: [TenTec] BPL Update

To: n6rce@arrl.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BPL Update
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:35:10 -1000
I've got to say very much UNLIKE Amateur Radio. NAB represents broadcasters. Paid political announcements on TV probably have more influence on the voting public than any other media. So NAB has a lot of leverage with politicians. Amateur Radio and Broadcasting certainly both want to keep all the spectrum they have BPL QRM free. Broadcasting has the political clout to do it. Let's all use what little influence we do have to try to save Amateur Radio from the BPL debacle. Write the FCC and your congressmen.

DE N6KB

It would seem un-likely that the NAB would ever allow any of the
spectrum allocated to TV get re-allocated.

Not un-like Amateur Radio. :-).