[TenTec] IC7800

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] IC7800
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:18:44 +0000
Ahhh ... it reminds me of the old days around here discussing and cussing the Orion :-)

Um, if I may inject a note of impartiality here, I think your memory is faulty.
Go look at the IC7800 yahoo group posts (publicly available via a google search).
Now go back through the Ten Tec Reflector archive of Orion posts.

No comparison so far. In the IC7800 group do you see posts with subjects like:
"IC7800 heartache"
"IC7800 audio whine"
"IC7800 Died?"
"IC7800 Returns"

If you substitute Orion for IC7800 in the above subjects they are there along with other problems in the Ten Tec archive. I think you guys are trying a little too hard to convince yourselves that the IC7800 is a dog. So far the owner comments I have seen on the IC7800 have been positive, however it is early. Also, while there were a lot of Orion posts with problem comments, it is fair to point out that there were also many positive ones in the archive as well.

Rob/K5UJ