[TenTec] Re: Orion keying in version 1.370

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion keying in version 1.370
From: "Tom Whiteside" <tomw@ecpi.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:43:54 -0500
Based on some of the comments, it sounded like the keying waveform had been
softened a bit - that has been a request to make the rise/fall time setting
a bit more accurate and give us more room to slow the edges.     So I looked
at the keying waveform and it seems the same to me with this version.   I
have mine set for 10mSec or the slowest and it looked plenty fast for the
stuff I do.   For grins, I ran it all the way to what TR claims as 100 WPM
and it still looked ok albiet begining to shorten the dits a bit - I make
absolutely no claims at knowing what CW should sound like at those speeds!
I have enjoyed listening on 7033 to W4BQF and can catch words like SRI but
that's about it - HI.   By the way, he had a great tutorial on Hi-Speed CW
in the latest FISTS!

So I would be hesitant to shorten the keying waveform for the slower (e.g.
less than 40 WPM) folks amonst us to avoid creating close-in clicks!

Tom Whiteside
N5TW Georgetown, TX