Re: [TenTec] transceiver test

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] transceiver test
From: "M. P. Haynes" <k4beh@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:00:40 -0400
Hi Bob,

The best way I have found to accurately determine my receiver frequency
is to simply tune in WWV and listen to the modulated AM DSB tones. As you
listen with your rcvr in SSB mode simply switch between USB and LSB as
you tune the rcvr frequency slightly   Your actual received frequency
would then be the one where the perceived audio tone is the same on SSB
and LSB.  Works for me.  In thinking about it, though, it probably would
be one half the difference in frequency if only one of the frequencies
was off, wouldn't it?  I will have to think about it some more.  And I
thought I was SO SMART!
73,

Pat