[TenTec] ALC Indicator

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ALC Indicator
From: Frank Skinner <f_skinner@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 05:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
In my earlier post I forgot the rig. It is an Orion 565AT but also discovered
something else. While operating 40 meters CW one morning I tried to changes
bands. Everytime I changed from 40 meters I got the same frequency reading
(save 40 meters) 000.000. I turned the rig off and on and the problem cleared
up but I have never subscribed to the method of cycling the power off and on as
a viable work around for a problem.

Was wondering if anyone has experienced the following. I noticed when
switching from SSB to CW modes the ALC light will not come on until a
couple of seconds (2 to 7 seconds) of operating in the new mode selected.
It does not seem to matter when switching from CW to SSB or SSB to CW.

I also noticed on 21 mhz as well as 24 and 18mhz the ALC light will not
operate at all when operating at 100 watts. If I turn the pwr down it
will begin to light with the cw. It does not seem to matter if the tuner
is in line or not. A master reset did not have an effect on the problem
either. The rig seems to operating normal when in CW without the ALC
light blinking on and off but does have an effect on SSB (as far as I can
tell). I am really puzzled by this one and any help or comments will be
appreciated.
v/r Frank (KA4JQZ)