Re: [TenTec] noises

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] noises
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:37:25 -0400
Thanks for the post, Mike, that is some good information and a nice memory
of Clyde Goforth WA4NTZ. I first met these guys when I was still in High
School in the 60's and called KUB about noise I was having on my shortwave
radio. They soon showed up and brought this huge portable all-band receiver
with internal lead acid batteries and wandered around the woods localizing
the source. Then, to my youthful surprise, they took a sledgehammer and hit
an offending pole and the noise quit! Later on in the late 60's and early
70's I worked with Clyde and Bob in the Radio section of the Relay & Test
Department of KUB. Clyde got me back to being active by introducing me to 2m
FM when it was still quite a new thing. He was a dedicated RC flyer, using
6m control frequencies back then, too. That was an excellent team when
looking for power line interference, the best I've ever seen. Do you know if
he's still active? I suspect he's surely retired by now.

=Vic=
WA4THR

> Guys, I wrote this and a friend posted it on his website at
> www.qsl.net/n4tn/noise.html but that site is sloooooooooooow these days.
It