[TenTec] Re: Orion NB button

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Orion NB button
From: Mike Gorniak <gorniak@ncis.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:42:23 -0500
Carl,

I concur. I don't use the phrase "best ever" very often, but I have found the Orion's Hardware Noise Blanker to be just that, in my experience.

I live in a rural area, but still have electric fences and power line noise in the neighborhood. 2 Electric fences (each about 1/2 mile away) have been silenced from S - 7 and S - 8 to inaudible.

The Orion's Hardware noise blanker even takes a bite out of atmospherics on 160 meters.

I fired up the vacuum cleaner once to see what would happen....S - 9 to GONE.

Yes, in my experience, it's the Best Ever!

73,

Mike
NM7X

From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion NB button

I find the hardware noise blanker in the Orion is fantastic.  I have an
intermittent power line buzz that shows up here once in a while, and the
Orion hardware noise blanker is the only thing that completely removes it.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py@earthlink.net