Re: [TenTec] CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:54:01 -0400
Sorry Stuart, but your information is incorrect. I have a copy of the
transmission, sent by a Wheatstone tape by the way, that Frank Borsody W2AYN
and Harold Taylor checked for accuracy, that McElroy copyed at  the Chicago
World Fair in 1933, at 76 wpm. As noted, it was sent by a machine, copied by
ear, and typed out on a machine. So if the  world speed record of 76 wpm was
sent by machine, what's wrong with enjoying QRQ by using a 'machine' to send
it with. Have you ever heard ANY morese code sent by hand at 76 wpm?  None
of the guys I talk with use anything but  the decoder in  their head to copy
code.

Tom - W4BQF

PS...this will be my last comments on QRQ CW on the Ten Tec reflector as it
is completely off the normal subject matter of this reflector.  Thanks.