[TenTec] amp/tuner advice needed...

Subject: [TenTec] amp/tuner advice needed...
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:57:51 -0700
I'm considering a medium size amp--500-600w output--to team up with my Orion. I would like to maintain QSK since I operate CW the vast majority of the time. Should I be looking for a used Centaur or an older Centurion. I'm not fond of blower noise at all and while the Centaur sounds like the right amp, I've read that the noise level is considerable. And what about tuners--Is there any difference between the 238, 238A and 238B than cosmetics?

Have folks had good luck with the MFJ nee Ameritron amps in this output range.

Sure appreciate your thoughts and advice. The only amp I've used--and it was a long time ago- was a Hammarlund and had a pair of 572B's.

Gary