Re: [TenTec] Re: New Orion Update

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: New Orion Update
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:24:28 -0600
Me three. Right after loading 1.372 I rotated the BW control and completely lost audio. I had to turn the rig off and back on to recover it. I then did the memory clear routine and a master reset. I haven't completely lost the audio again but have noticed the "spot" effect noted by Bob below.

Another time I turned the rig on and there was no audio at all. I turned the rig off and back on and all was well. Haven't seen that one again either.

73,

Alan N5NA

Robert Carroll wrote:

I have seen this too.  When rotating the BW control it almost sounds like
the effect of rotating a volume control with a bad spot in it.  Get past the
"spot" and all is ok.  Go back in the other direction and hear the audio go
dead--past it and all is ok.  This was occasionally the case and not
reproducible, and I don't know if it occurred at the roofing filter switch
points.  It was not present with the earlier firmware version.  But I can
work around it, and on balance I still think this version is a nice
improvement.

Does anyone know whether the programmers are getting near the maximum
allowable lines of code?

Bob W2WG