Re: [TenTec] Corsair I and separate RX aerial. . .

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair I and separate RX aerial. . .
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:54:33 -0600
I've found the AUX (RX) antenna to work best when a Noise Bridge set to 50 ohms
has been used with an antenna tuner to "resonate" the antenna for the desired
frequency.

For example; I had about 500 feet of "lead-in" wire running on the top rail of
a split rail fence (3 sides of the yard) resonated on 80M. While using a
Butternut 80-40 Vertical to transmit, I could work 4X4 stations on 80M SSB
which could not be heard on the vertical or by other stations in the Midwest.

Best regards,
Gary - AB9M
CSM(r)G.L.Huber
glhuber@msn.com<mailto:glhuber@msn.com>