Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion: going back zu 1.371, read why

To: w2yj@highstream.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Orion: going back zu 1.371, read why
From: W9MWS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:13:56 -0500
I put the N4PY software on my computer this weekend.  I noticed "kinda" the
same thing ... turns out the computer needs to be on when the Orion is turned
on otherwise when the COM1 port initializes it "blips" the radio.  The N4PY
software takes control of the radio immediately when it is run.  Lots to learn
here on my part but so far I like the program and it appears to work well with
the Orion which has firmware 1.372 installed.

So much to do, so little time to do it ... !  8^)

73, Mike W9MWS
Fort Wayne, IN