Re: [TenTec] Humor and Questions

To: glassrus@houston.rr.com,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Humor and Questions
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:20:58 -0500
Paul,

I think you've captured the Zeitgeist in a most excellent way.  You
should have a long and happy career in ham radio.

I have the problem you suggest with the panoramic feature in Orion.
It just doesn't work well for me, probably because of a fair hearing
loss in one ear.  I think an external equalizer for headphones might
be a good idea, but I haven't tried it yet.  It's not clear if this
one function is really all that important for me.  I don't have any
trouble with other receiving modes.

I am thinking of getting a pair of new-fangled DSP hearing aids.  At
~$5,000, they put the price of the Orion into clearer perspective!
Does anyone have experience with hearing aids vs headphones?  They
seem to offer an inductive coupling option for telephone use.  I
wonder what that would do for hamming.

73, Martin AA6E