Re: [TenTec] Orion 1st Year of Use: et al

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1st Year of Use: et al
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:38:03 EDT

SO here is an interesting idea, can some one make a list of settings, so  the
Orion is set the same as a IC-756 or an old TS-930, or a FT-847 ,  you know,
all the settings and bandwidths etc so it sounds just like the target  rig.
Then we will have our back up rigs built into our orions...:)

tom N6AJR

I  believe that the Tentec staff must have a real sour stomach full of some
of the comments made relating to the Orion over the last year or so.   I
commend them for their level headed, focused, straight forward approach  to
resolving real issues and discarding conceived issues which do not fall  in
the general broad market spectrum of the Orion radio.

As key  point,  the radios' functionality and operation parameters are
software based.  The key here is SOFTware.  It is fluid,  dynamic, and
changeable. It is a radio that presents itself with a very  large potential
for continuing future operational improvements and  enhancements.  It is not
limited to certain aspects of nameless other  brands, presented with the
mentality of  "this is the way it is, if  you don't like it we'll have a new
model in a few months".  I  certainly am not, due to budget for my hobby, a
fan of the "radio of the  month" idea,  although I do have at my disposal a
rather significant  selection of current production radios.