[TenTec] re RFI question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] re RFI question
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:20:27 +0000
I had a problem with RF getting into the tx audio on my Omni VI and causing distortion, but it was easy to fix. I have had tx audio distortion due to RF with two kenwoods I own. No problem with Yaesu. In all cases, working with the grounding (or in one case removing it--rig worked fine without it), and using ferrite and coax chokes on mic, feedline and other leads fixed the problems.
U probably never had a noticable prob. with the Cent. 21 because it was a cw rig.

rob/k5uj