Re: [TenTec] Oh yea, QRP - where is the challenge?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Oh yea, QRP - where is the challenge?
From: "n1zsw@netzero.com" <n1zsw@netzero.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:44:30 GMT
Has anyone twisted your arm to "dig-out" low sigs? All low sigs
are not QRP!  You can lower your rf gain or kick in attenuators to eliminate
all the NOT 599 signals.

Has anyone used: QRO  Shall I increase power?
and get a negative response.  When I am using a radio that can go
higher I do when requested.

I won't make the mistake of replying for all qrp-ers, just myself.
I run qrp because I build a lot of my gear, test antennas,
and operate portable.  I always stay around the "qrp" frequencies
when I operate.

Yes I have QRO gear in an FT-102 and FT-857 which I do not hestiate
to "crank up" when band conditions are poor.

Lets all share the bands together.

Ron