[TenTec] FS Orion

To: "TenTec" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS Orion
From: "Charlie Hugg" <hug-a-bug1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 14:48:06 -0500
I have for sale a TenTec Orion with the Automatic Antenna Tuner that is in
Excellent Condition. I am the second owner and neither of us have used it
much. It looks and operates like new. It did have a problem right after I
purchased it and I sent it back to TenTec in February 2006. They went
through it completely and fixed the problem and while it was there they did
all the current mods to each board. I have all the documention from TenTec.
It is completely up to date, except they installed the Firmware, Version
1.372.
That was current Firmware at the time, but they have since come out with a
Version 2 of the Firmware.
This transceiver is loaded with all available filters. It comes with the
original manual, shipping cartons, power cord, etc. I don't think you will
find a nicer one on the used market. It is the best transceiver that I have
ever owned, but I just don't operate it enough to justify the expense. Price
is $2675 including the $330 worth of optional filters. I also have just
about all the other optional accessories for the Orion and I will offer the
Orion buyer first chance at these,e.g., TenTec mic, remote encoder/keypad,
cooling fan that I never installed, matching power supply.  Thanks, Charlie
Hugg, K5MBX