[TenTec] Omni 6+ help; 3 problems

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ help; 3 problems
From: "A.W. B." <a7bull@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:43:23 +0000
The latest in my Omni 6+ saga: After getting the third comment on "funny
keying" ie. foreshortened dits and dahs, I listened to myself on another
radio using the internal keyer and 2 different outboard
(Idiom Press) keyers and, yep....little bitty dits and short dahs.Also two
other problems have emerged:
SWR meter doesn't work(all other meter functions work fine)....not dead in
the water but EXTREMELY sluggish. (I have an outboard power/SWR meter) The
other thing is I can't get the Omni to key my old SB200. And YES, I went
into the first menu and enabled the relay. The thing is, I don't HEAR the
relay...even with my ear to it and the covers off. My SB200 has all the
Harbach mods to work with modern transceivers...I've been using it with my
K2/100.
    Now this rig is as close to mint as I have seen in a used rig. it is
absolutely squeeky clean inside and out. I went in and made sure all the
little white connectors were snug but I'm very suspicious something got
loose during shipping and is the source of most if not all, of these little
problems.
Receive is stunning, the radio is rock solid stable and everything else
seems to work crisply and instantly. Any ideas? Thanks.
                                       Andy W1AWB