Re: [TenTec] SDR-1000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR-1000
From: Harry Reed <doon@infoscientific.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:46:59 -0700
>Anyway, I am curious how many would-be Orion buyers have been put off by
>the Orion firmware history.  TT should be curious, too.

Well, At least one - me and my XYL. We were originally thinking of purchasing
the Orion
"Classic" for *her* birthday :) but waited to see if TT would fix some of the
rather nasty
software bugs first. Orion I EOL'd and Orion II came out - with a whole new set
of bugs.
XYL - who is a HAM and a Computer Scientist - said "they can't even get their
own
software right. You're not spending our money on that piece of ... They need to
get
Doug Smith back."

There you have it. At least one sale lost....

73
Harry Reed, AB7YF