[TenTec] Orion 11

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 11
From: "ram32" <ram32@pivot.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:42:15 -0500
Hi,
   OK Men, here's the question, and please bear with my melodramatic
explanation to my question.
   My Son wishes to assist me in purchasing an HF rig.  I am new to the HF
"life" and I am not sure where to turn for advice on which radio will suit me
in my endeavors.
   I love listening to and joining with the proverbial "rag chew...!"  I have
been told that the two radios I should look at are the icom 756 pro111, and the
Orion 11.
   So, I ask, are there any concrete benefits to owning the Orion 11 over the
icom 756 pro 111?  Further, the discussions I have been reading here are so
technical, is the Orion 11 that difficult to learn how to use?
   Oh yeah, the melodramatic part...We will be using one of these radios
together here in the cold, cold woods of northern Maine, and since we live on a
dairy farm, the radio will be worth more than all our vehicles put together.
and will probably be the only station that I will ever be able to purchase.
I thank you for your time and I do apologize for such a non-technical question
here in this room.
N1XQJ
Bob