Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Noise Reduction Ability
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:58:47 -0400
I wish I could be more directly helpful by remembering the exact reference,
but unfortunately it eludes me just now.  The only part I remember clearly
is that when the newer firmware releases came out, significant readjustments
of user-settable parameters had to be made to preserve performance.  They
were not directly in the NR setup.  I also remember the (unlikely seeming)
connection to AGC settings.  This caused no end of trouble.  Some people
have fixed their issues and others are just refusing to even acknowledge the
discussion - indicating their disagreement with the very idea by these
passive-aggressive means.  Still others tell me I have no right to even talk
about it - not owning all the equipment.

When someone who remembers this steps forward, we will get some light shed
on this again.

Regards,

Gary, AA2IZ