Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter
From: philip c anderson <flypca@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 12:52:22 -0400
TNX for the info....Andy> Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:23:24 -0700> From:
ve7asr@yahoo.com> To: tentec@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1208
Transverter> > Andy I used the 1208 with my Orion for a couple of years. The
1208 has RF sensing and, with 5 to 10 watts input, switches well from TX to
RCV. I had my HF antenna on ANT1 and my 6 metre antenna on ANT2. You can
automate such a set-up - right down to setting the Orion drive - with the N4PY
software.> > Designing the 1208 with RF sense switching certainly gives almost
ALL HF rigs the ability to get on six since many HF rigs don't have an Xverter
I/O system.> > I have replaced the 1208 with another transverter ($$$$) that
DOES use the Orion XVERTer I/O.> > 73, > > Rick> VE7TK> > Website:
http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk > > ----------> Subject: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter>