[TenTec] Corsair II Frequency Warble

To: tentec@contesting.com, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Frequency Warble
From: banda5@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:50:25 +0000
Gents,
Recently aquired a 'New' Corsair II over here, and have been enjoying going
through it.
Just wanted to say that I have learned so much reading these boards and thanks.
I successfully isolated a Corsair II warble problem to a bad thumbwheel 10k pot
R3 on the oscillator mixer board that was causing fast freq jumps (Not drift)
back and forth about 125Hz. Sounded like a sick puppy. Hopefully the boys in TN
will be able to supply a replacement. Only this AM in anticipation of finally
sharing somthing here in return for other Corsair II owners, I found a very
relevant post by Mr. Bob Towers:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2004-04/msg00039.html
I should have known the answer was already in here somewhere.
Thanks again,
Aaron / N9SKN