Re: [TenTec] Information

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Information
From: "Bruce McLaughlin" <bmclaugh@bex.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:19:16 -0400
Ron:

I'm not sure your reply was very fair to Elecraft.  I have and enjoy an
Orion II but I also have a K2/100 and a new K-3.  The K-3 is still in the
shakedown mode.  New features and modified features are being regularly
added with new firmware offered every two weeks or so.  Many of the list
suggestions have found their way into firmware mods in very short order.
Frankly, I have yet to encounter a situation where Elecraft has stated that
a new feature or improvement is "on the list" and has not ultimately been
incorporated.  Obviously, some features must be higher on the priority list
than others because they may significantly impact operation of the radio and
need to be corrected first.  I have also noted incidents where a suggested
feature has been rejected because it was impractical. I hate to be critical
but I think your reply implied that Elecraft was being disingenuous.  I
really don't believe that's the case.

By the way, is any firmware update for the Orion II in sight?  I think the
noise reduction still needs some work.

Bruce-W8FU