Re: [TenTec] bill orr article

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] bill orr article
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@gti.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 15:18:20 -0500
If bringing twin lead, either ladder or window type, into the shack is
an issue, it is possible to mount a 1:1 balun just outside and run coax
into the building. The swr on the coax will be high, depending on band,
antenna length, and feedline length, but if the coax is kept short and
is of good quality, the losses will be low, certainly much lower than
the  68-70 feet of RG-8X or RG-58, commonly used with G5RV antennas.

                        73,

                        Bob WB2VUF