Re: [TenTec] Circuit question - Omni VI type 563

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Circuit question - Omni VI type 563
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 10:29:19 -0600
On Sun, 2009-07-19 at 09:01 +0200, Jon Iza wrote:
> Folks,
> it looks like "the" replacement for the 1N4007 is the
> Microsemi UM2110 PIN diode.
> Checking the archives back, it seems that those puppies
> are expensive and hard to find, and I have tried all the
> tricks I know with no luck at all. For me, they are made
> of unobtanium.
> Any kind soul would give me a hint on a dealer who may
> have three on stock for me??
> Thanks for your help
> jon, ea2sn

If they are all in the receive line, most any PIN diode will work better
than the 1N4007. Need only enough reverse bias capability to handle the
transmit voltage. RF parts has a screen full of PIN diodes on their web
page ($25 minimum order). Dan's Small Parts has one or two varieties of
PIN diodes. Mouser has Avago (used to be HP) 5082-3080 100 v piv, and
5082-3077 200 v piv in stock. Axial lead. About 1.25 ohm forward
resistance, a quarter watt power dissipation capability limits the RF
current.

73, Jerry, K0CQ