Re: [TenTec] Radio shack DOES have DeOxit

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio shack DOES have DeOxit
From: "Mike Hyder --N4NT--" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 15:39:14 -0400
>From the construction of the bandswitch wafers, I think one would need a
spray.  Ten-Tec used stuff called Cramolin -- a red can ( R-5) was the
contact cleaner and a blue can was the lubricant which was applied after the
lubricant had time to dry.  I no longer have the original cleaner but did
find a suitable replacement which may well have been deoxit.  The Cramolin
blue label was labeled B-5.  I know that when I ordered the replacement can
of cleaner, there were several choices -- one of them said it would not
attack plastics and that's what I got.

>From the horse's mouth: http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=cleanswitch
WOW, that was my post!

More than you wanted to know is here: