Re: [TenTec] Opinions on the Paragon

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Opinions on the Paragon
From: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 18:19:40 -0400
Yes, cutting the "ham" jumper enables transmit over the full range. To
prevent accidental transmission when I'm shortwave listening
(particularly when the radio is parked on mil or aircraft frequencies),
I removed the TX enable jumper on the back and routed the TX EN and TX
OUT lines to an external toggle switch. So, when I'm just listening I
flip the transmit enable off. It's cheap insurance.

                                73,

                                Bob WB2VUF