Re: [TenTec] Omni D issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni D issue
From: seadog2400@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:58:48 +0000 (UTC)
From: tubsc66@aol.com
To: tentec@contesting.com
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 6:43:57 PM
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D issue

Hello everyone, my Omni D has developed an issue that puzzles me (not hard to
do...:), it has developed a
high-swr issue that none of my other rigs have (I have other TT's and
riceboxes), same antenna, autotuner
and feedline. The autotuner is unable to find a match unless the output is very
low. When releasing the
mic (PTT),  there is a delay in the receive signal coming back to full
strength, it is
accompanied by a "click", which must be the T/R relay sticking. Could the relay
cause such an
issue? I thought swr issues were dependant on the antenna, not the radio.
Anyway, I'd like to
fix it, any thoughts out there? Thanks!

73's

Chris  KC5IIE