Re: [TenTec] Ask Ten-Tec for a 9 MHz output jack

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ask Ten-Tec for a 9 MHz output jack
From: "Stephen Cannon" <sugar_bears_home@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:50:49 -0600
Fred,
TT can connect the 9 MHz IF output to the "spare" jack on the Orion II (they
did this modification for me).  I obtained a buffer/amplifier from Clifton
labs, and piped the 9 MHz IF output from the "spare" jack into it with the
buffered/amplified signal output into an SDR-IQ.

Per discussion with John Henry regarding extracting the 9 MHz IF from the
Eagle, there are only thoughts at the moment on different options on how to
add the interface. TT has not approached it on the bench yet. But when they
do address it, they will have documentation on what their thoughts are on
the best approach for this feature.

TT knows that it is possible to exact the 9 MHz IF output, just not proven
yet.  When they come up with an approved method, they will post the results
or provide a kit.

Stephen Cannon  AD7TD