Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 offset for CW ...issues

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy 525 offset for CW ...issues
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:18:17 -0500
In every rig I've owned there was an internal pot which balanced the offset
pot on the panel between transmit and receive.  The Argosy II manual shows
the Control Board 80781 on page 3-25.  My best guesstimate in that R1 on
that board is that pot.  I'd give it a go.  I might even phone Ten-Tec to
get their advice as I can find nothing in the manual about adjusting the
pot.

About the power's being lower with the 8-pole filter, two things come to
mind:  first, is it a Ten-Tec filter; and second, if your carrier oscillator
is not properly adjusted, the narrower skirts of the 8-pole filter may be
attenuating your signal.

73, Mike N4NT