Re: [TenTec] Need 1208 Manual

To: BUDW2GLN@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need 1208 Manual
From: Thomas <ac7a@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:58:36 -0400
Hi Bud,

I have a 1208 and the manual. You shouldn't drive it with more than 7 or 8W, of
14MHz input power. It has a different maximum input power level than the 2m
transverter someone mentioned. I use 4 to 5W drive during Field Day and
everything works nicely. I get about 5W out. During sporadic-E openings using a
3-element yagi I can work from coast to coast  The fact that I am at 7300'
during Field Day helps!

I am not sure the best way to go about having the manual copied; it has many
pages. The manual does have a spiral bound edge so it will lay flat on a copy
machine. I suppose a place like Kinkos could copy it, but they are rather
pricey. I doubt Ten-Tec would have a problem with it being copied since the
manual is unavailable through them.

Presently, I am away from home in Seattle and won't be home for about a week.
That is where my manual is right now.

'73, Thomas - AC7A (Tucson)