Re: [TenTec] ooops!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ooops!
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 22:51:28 -0700
On 4/30/2011 7:09 PM, Art Trampler wrote:
> Tubes only? Or do I look for something else as
> well?

The orginal Titan amps will run just fine on a single tube, with half
the max output. I suspect the new one will too. The tuning changes
slightly if one tube is missing. You can pull one or both tubes, put the
cover back on, fire it up, and see if the fuses blow. Be sure to allow
plenty of time for the HV caps to discharge before you open it, and that
the interlocks are properly reset. I agree with the suggestion that the
failure most likely to blow fuses would be a fixed capacitor that sees
HV. There are several around the Pi-L output network.  If you heard a
pop, one of them probably exploded.

73, Jim K9YC