Re: [TenTec] Count to Ten B4 Cussing Ten Tec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Count to Ten B4 Cussing Ten Tec
From: Greg S <oldlongbeard@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 13:50:52 -0700 (PDT)
Far as I'm concerned, when it comes to Mother Nature, all bets are off. We had
a nearby strike a few years back. Lost most appliances (was before I was a
Ham). , and power company had to come out and get things settled again. When
the lineman was done, he brought half of the Ceramic Insulator that was left on
the pole. The ceramic was MELTED, and I found the balance of the melted ceramic
chunks lying on the ground in a 40 foot radius from the pole. If it hits, It's
gonna hurt something if it has a mind to, no matter what YOUR plan is for it.
Now, I have none of my radio equipment grounded, cuz lightni is TRYING to get
to ground, right? It's worked so far, so it must be right. (Toungue in
cheek.... kinda).

73-
Greg Schippers, KC8HXO

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    - Benjamin Franklin