Re: [TenTec] Omni Speech Processor

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni Speech Processor
From: amsctalx@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:55:04 +0000 (UTC)
Richard -

I am not an expert on this topic, but I just went around with this myself prior
to the recent purchase of a 715 Speech Processor. The built-in speech processor
is an "audio" (DSP) processor. The 715 is an RF speech processor, and
(according to the operators I have conversed with) there is a marked difference
in percieved "loudness" and average signal strength indication between
un-processed input, the "audio" processor and the 715 with the RF being the
clear winner for loudness. Audio quality, eh...not so much.

Hope this helps!

Mike Alexander - N8MSA
Ten-Tec Omni VII