[TenTec] Current Status of 565 V3 firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Current Status of 565 V3 firmware
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 18:53:05 -0500
As in the 566, the 565v3.025 firmware has also been a huge success.

We are looking at the main issues that users have reported, and have been
able to reproduce most of them.
Various screen gibberish characters related to CAT program / Logging. The
beta testers spent endless hours Friday/Saturday and they were the ones
that actually narrowed down the sequences required to repeat these issues
at almost 100% rate now. My hats off to them for working so hard on this,
to find ways to reproduce the issues seen by NQ4I and others. We can now
reproduce them at TenTec, and it is just a matter of time before we lick
the biggest display issue in 565. Please be patient, and stay tuned.

There are a couple of other items we will look at, in a build very soon,
including:
A record / replay issue.
A Vox SSB issue.
And a few others.
I can reproduce these, and others, and will try to address them in a
release before the end of the week to the beta test team, and hopefully to
the world. All depends upon how long it takes to resolve them, and then the
time for the beta team to now say that everything is OK with them as well.

If there are other issues that I have missed on this and other reflectors
that are critical for your operations, then please email them directly to
me at
jhenry at tentec.com
To help me sort them, please ensure you have 565v3.025 bug xxxx in the
title.
Easier for me to sort and not miss due to the amount of inquiries we are
getting and the amount of positive feedback we are getting on the 565 V3
release. It is a winner, and it will only get better.

Best Regards,
John Henry
TenTec Engineering