Re: [TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 15:54:23 +0200
Don,

Actually your statement was just barely correct...
According to Wiki:  "The history of the Internet began with the development
of computers in the 1950s." (hi).

I think you just coined a new term:  "BI".  (Before Internet).

Durn James, here is yet another abbreviation you'll have to learn before
your first CW QSO!

But, to be more accurate, if we agree the ARPANET was the predecessor of the
Internet, then its planning began in August of 1962, though its final design
was not completed until 1968.  It began in California (where else?) in about
1969, reached the east coast in 1970, went transatlantic via Satellite in
1973 and was declared fully operational in 1975.

In light of all of that, I'm not sure what date we can actually place on the
Internet and the term BI.  I'll consult my Wolfhong to try and find an
answer.

73
Rick, DJ0IP