[TenTec] Vinyl covering for classic TenTec radios.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Vinyl covering for classic TenTec radios.
From: Randy Randall <randy.ab9go@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:12:31 -0400
I was looking for replacement vinyl to replace the covering on some of
my TenTec radios and came across this:

Dayton Audio VL218-BT Black Textured Vinyl Laminate 2 ft. x 18 ft.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=261-618

It is not cheap at $22.50 a roll, but if you are covering more than
one radio the cost not too bad for the results you will get in return.
 Have you priced a can of good quality spray paint lately?!  An added
plus is no wet paint, overspray, runs, fumes etc.

Randy AB9GO

p.s.  From what I have read in the comments the adhesive is VERY sticky.

"The adhesive is strong so be careful on MDF because if you try to
pull it off some of the MDF will come with it. As others have noted
this vinyl is a bit thinner than other vinyl PE vinyl I've used.
However if you have done a decent surface prep job the results are
great."