Re: [TenTec] New or Used Decision; Omni VII

To: "Roger Rippy" <svtincup@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New or Used Decision; Omni VII
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:55:00 -0600 (CST)
My Omni VII is of August 2007 vintage.  The hardware is the same today.
There may be some production changes to which I am not aware.  A year ago
I added the ATU option which I find works extremely well.  I purchased
the two optional filters at the time I purchased the radio new.  Also
purchased the 709A mike.   I've kept the firmware updated to the most
current verson.  For me it is the day-in and day-out work horse for the
station.

For CW or digital operation, I suggest at least the 500 Hz Optional filter.

I am a Tentec Ambassador and beta test volunteer for the Omni VII, the
Eagle and the Argonaut VI.

The Omni VII is and investment and well worth the money.  With a new one
you get a 30 day return option and if you keep it, a one year warranty.
With a used one.......you get a used one.

73
Bob, K4TAX