Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon II model 586,

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon II model 586,
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 09:34:11 +0000
Carrier freq of 9000.0 USB, filter center freq of 9001.5

Stock 2400Hz filter, filter center freq of 9001.5, filter passband
9000.3-9002.7KHz --> audio passband 300-2700Hz

Inrad 2800Hz filter, filter center freq of 9001.5, filter passband
9000.1-9002.9KHz --> audio passband 100-2900Hz

This is with stock carrier oscillator alignment

I've done this as an experiment on Corsair II and Omni VI and
performed as expected, although I reinstalled the 2.4KHz filter
afterwards.

73, Barry N1EU

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <RMcGraw@blomand.net> wrote:
> The data I provided is from the Tentec alignment procedure for the two
> radios.
>
> The carrier is not in the middle of the passband of the filter, otherwise if
> so, one would have a DSB signal not a SSB signal  Thus to swap sidebands,
> the BFO frequency must change to the opposite side of the filter and is
> placed down the slope some 3 dB to 6 dB.
>
> Carrier frequency + / - the modulated audio frequency produces two
> sidebands, one of which is eliminated by the filter.
>
> 73
> Bob, K4TAX
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>

>>> from 2.4 KHz to 2.8 KHz.  Thus the audio frequency response would be
>>> about
>>> 300 Hz to 2700 Hz with the 2.4 KHz filter and 300 Hz to 3100 Hz with the