Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:44:09 -1000
I remember when digital frequency readouts (the kind using an electronic counter, not the kind on a R-390) started appearing on ham gear. Most people (myself included) just had to have it. We never needed it before. There were easy enough reliable methods to make sure we stayed inside our band (or sub-band) limits, but for some reason it seemed like a digital display of our frequency became a necessity.

DE N6KB