Re: [TenTec] 318

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 318
From: "Randy Moore" <ai4co@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:03:49 -0400
I bought my Eagle a few years ago and decided I needed easier access to the
rear panel capabilities of the Eagle than the DIN connector provided.
Basically I did not feel like fabricating an interface so I went to the TT
website and doing a lot of searching I found the TT Model318 and immediately
ordered one.  What I found amazing is that I had to search their site for a
product that was made for the Eagle.  It should have been listed under the
Eagle on the site as an accessory but it wasn't.  They had power supplies,
speakers and lots of other stuff but not the 318.  I believe if they had
simply listed it as an accessory for the Eagle with an explanation about
what it did they probably would have sold almost as many 318 boxes as they
did Eagles and it would be easily available.

I email TT sales, and even called and talked with them about how it isn't
listed on the pages with all the TT Eagle accessories.  I got a response
that basically said they were working on the website.  No wonder the sales
were poor, no one knew it existed.

At least I managed to find my Eagle on the site, which is the best radio I
have ever owned.

Randy Moore
AI4CO

---