[TenTec] Ten Tec's voice mail and a simple Scout question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec's voice mail and a simple Scout question
From: John King via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:24:26 -0700
I have called Ten Tec twice  this week and have gotten their voice mail....VERY
NON TEN TEC. I relize that they are moving or going out of business or both but
the message on the voice mail could AT LEAST tell callers why they cannot
answer or why it might be more than a week before they can answer the phone or
how many weeks before they will return a call. Stan Brocks ' could at say "the
new owners have me doing janitorial duties now, but when I finish mopping the
floors and cleaning the bathroom, I will try to return your call and tell you
to go to HELL or call Kenwood". Not a good way to launch a new operation.

Maybe one of you can answer the question. My son, N5ASM, an engineer is
removing the front panel to get to the digital readout for replacement, He has
all screws out of the front panel but there is something still preventing him
from removing the front panel. He thinks maybe a switch, jack or other device
is preventing the removal of the panel.

He is doing the work for me because I recently had wrist and hand surgery on my
right hand and cannot do fine motor activity with my right hand because the
feeling has not returned to my fingers. Really shuts down the repair work for
me. I have five Ten Tec transceivers and thank goodness they don't often need
work. Can anyone, who has removed the front panel from a Scout shed some light
on the removal problem.

Now that I have vented, I think I will take two extra strength Tylenols and
have a glass of  Iced Sweet Tea. Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW