Re: [TenTec] 2nd Try: SDR Technology ?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2nd Try: SDR Technology ?
From: Don Rasmussen via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 20:13:35 -0800
Hi Rick,

I just completed my Softrock Ensemble III kit over Christmas.

Here are the pluses:

- It is an absolute pleasure to build if you enjoy kit building.

- For $68 you can try out most of the open source PC software and get a good
overall feeling for
our goals in SDR

- The PowerSDR programs always soaked my PC of it's power, now using HDSDR the
load is very light on my Dell XPS8500. Also enjoying SDR#

Tony Parks and all the other project contributers are doing great work, and
doing it because they love it.

For the minuses, starting at this level would likely not be the final solution
for you.

The kit comes built for a trivial cost but building shows so much of what you
are trying to acheive in SDR.

de wb8yqj
Carlsbad, Ca.