[TenTec] WWV and WWVH to get the axe with FY-2019 Federal Budget

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WWV and WWVH to get the axe with FY-2019 Federal Budget
From: A R <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 01:49:21 +0000
If this subject has been covered recently on this Ten Tec reflector, please
forgive me.

The proposed FY-2019 Federal Budget will de-fund NIST’s WWV and WWVH
operations. WWV and WWVH will cease operations.
If you rely upon WWV for time, frequency calibration standards, atmospheric and
propagation conditions, or weather/storm alerts for marine and seafaring
activities, you may want to voice your dismay and objection to shutting down
WWV and WWVH operations, and request continued funding for this essential
service.
On my QRZ page (W7GIF), I have posted a link for a petition to congress
requesting continued funding of WWV and WWVH, and a VERY brief synopsis of the
WWV funding impact on the total Federal budget (0.0001%).
The petition requires 100,000 signatures, and must be submitted to congress by
September 15, 2018.

73,
Allen—W7GIF