[TenTec] Model 315 Receiver

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 315 Receiver
From: Byron Tatum <bjtatum1@att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 17:56:36 +0000 (UTC)
Hello-    I have searched for one of these receivers for many years and finally
was able to add a really decent looking one to my Ten Tec collection. I like to
rebuild and use the early QRP Argonaut 505, 509 and 515 series. I have a
complete inventory of the solid state devices for these rigs in my spare parts
collection. Kind of got an education regarding the earlier epoxy transistors as
used in models 505 and earlier 509's. I have been studying the model 315 manual
and researching the early germanium transistors and the dual transistors used.
I wanted to ask if anyone has any information to share on replacement devices
or actual sources of OEM devices as shown in the model 315 manual. Specifically
they are the A138, A154,A2739 and BC418B devices. I have the 2N5128, 2N5134,
2N4105, 2N4106, 2N2646 and 40823 original devices in my spares now for the
Argonauts.
    I have not launched into restoration of my model 315 but thought in the
meantime I would research sources of replacement devices and would appreciate
any information relating to sources of these devices or substitutes. I would
also appreciate any technical information others may have (outside of original
manual) for this model 315. In my mind I thought the model 315 would share many
of the early epoxy silicon transistors entirely as used in the model 505
Argonaut but was surprised to see all of the germanium devices in the model 315
receiver.
Sincere thanks,  Byron W5FH