Re: [TenTec] Argonaut filter question

To: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut filter question
From: Ken Brown <kenradiobrown@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 07:47:04 -1000
Regarding 9 MHz Filters, Ten-Tec 9 MHz IF filters are mostly (maybe not
all) NOT centered on 9 MHz. They have bandpasses of various widths covering
a frequency range centered a kilohertz or so above 9 MHz. They are intended
to be used with BFO frequencies of 9.000 MHz, 9.003 MHz for the two
sidebands (and some others in between those for other modes). A 9 MHz IF
filter that is actually CENTERED on 9 MHz is not going to work properly in
most Ten-Tec radios unless non-standard (for Ten-Tec) BFO frequency
crystals are used. Even if you did that there may be other problems caused
by other filters also in the 9 MHz IF that have bandpasses not coincident
with a non-standard (for Ten-Tec) 9 MHz IF filter.
DE N6KB