TopBand: HEARD better on xmit antenna, propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: HEARD better on xmit antenna, propagation
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 11:55:21 -0500 (EST)
Yuri's comments are very astute... I have tried discussing this with some of
the locals, and nearly got lynched in the process.... The minute I took the
position that propagation does _not_ involve 1 to 10 reflections between the
surface of the earth and the ionosphere, smiling faces became frowns... You
would have thought I had trashed their religion... they were waving articles
on Minimuf, etc., at me... when I inquired, that if dirt is such a good
reflector that it positively bounces microvolt signals back into the
ionosphere,  then why do they need dozens of radials under their verticals,
they began to foam at the mouth, and I dropped the subject... Now I know how
Galileo felt when facing the Cardinals in the church...

Now, if I can just get them to stay on Heard until the changing sun angle
moves that duct closer to the northern wilds of Michigan...

Denny