Topband: BOUNCE topband@contesting.com : Approval required:

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BOUNCE topband@contesting.com : Approval required:
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 22:26:27 +0000
From: "Edward  L.  Bruns" <edbruns@juno.com>
To: topband@contesting.com
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:07:13 -0500
Subject: 160 Lazy U antenna..
From: "Edward  L.  Bruns" <edbruns@juno.com>

I did much better in the CQWW CW DX Contest than in Phone.
I worked 14 countries counting W/VE with 100 watts. The bottom
of the vertical section is eight feet off the ground and the top is
thirty eight feet off the ground. The vertical wire is about two feet
from a five inch diameter portable mast that supports an old
TA-33 tri-bander. The top and bottom 120 feet wires run off to
a tree. The Lazy U is fed at the center with 50 ohm coax.

CN8WW & HC8N were fairly easy but I had to struggle to hear
KH6CC. Also worked  G, XE. Need an amp...and some EWEs.

Ed, W3EKT.