Topband: XZ0A Propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XZ0A Propagation
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:03:08 +0000
        Thanks to the XZ0A gang, we should have an excellent
opportunity to observe propagation from North America to a very
distant area for the next 3 weeks.  This is a very rare opportunity
because they will have experienced 160 operators, a full size
vertical, high power and should be on the air continuously whenever
propagation in possible.

        Please take a blank sheet of paper and dedicate it for
logging the operation.  Be sure to include date, time, strength,
direction and any other notes about their signal.  Please be sure
to check all antenna directions and note whether the signal is
audible on multiple paths and at what strengths.  I'm also including
the latest K-index from WWV to see if I can see any correlation with
geomagnetic disturbances.  After the operation is over, someone may
be interested in collecting our observations and doing some analysis.

        Also, I would like to request that you NOT use the reflector
for simple reports that belong on the realtime Packetcluster systems.
If you hear or work them, that is the place to report it but PLEASE
be sure to include the signal direction for the benefit of others.

        Good luck to all and let's hope for good conditions!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV